With the weather warming up and schedules getting busier, we’re all about throwing together quick salads—and this spring version from Rachael Mahoney of Kinney Lane, a Greenwich, CT-based healthy prepared meal delivery business, is at the top of our list. “This salad is so easy to make, looks absolutely beautiful and can be paired with any protein so it is super versatile. Best of all it’s so springy and delish,” says Rachael. She adds: “As a company whose menu changes every week, we always say the best way to consistently make food taste good is to use local, in-season ingredients and let the fresh produce do the heavy lifting. This salad is a prime example of our philosophy.”
Fresh Spring Salad
Recipe Level: Easy
Half a bunch of fresh radishes (about 1 ½ cups)
Half a bunch of asparagus, about 5 or 6
2 cups of snap peas
¼ cup feta cheese (or finely chopped hearts of palm if vegan)*
Salt and pepper to taste
*We love using Sankow’s Beaver Brook Farm feta cheese. You can get at Greenwich farmer market on Saturday mornings. Greenwich Cheese also has a traditional Greek Feta that pairs well.
Spring Mint Vinaigrette:
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons maple syrup
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp finely chopped mint, plus a little extra to add on the salad
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Boil water. Blanch asparagus for 2-3 minutes and then place in ice or rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Once cool cut on a bias in ¼-inch pieces and place in a larger bowl.
- Make vinaigrette while water is boiling by adding all ingredients except olive oil in blender. Add in olive oil slowly as you blend. If you don’t have a blender handy, just place all ingredients in a mason jar and shake until blended. If using mason jar method just be sure to chop mint finely.
- Thinly cut radishes and add to the bowl.
- Thinly cut snap peas on a bias and add to the bowl.
- Very lightly coat vegetables with mint vinaigrette and crumble cheese on top. Add a little extra mint. Serve right away and enjoy with your favorite protein.
This post originally appeared on The Local Moms Network