Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her “Hungry Lady Salad” series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest creation for summer.
- 4 cups strawberries halved
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Small handful of mint leaves chopped
- Prepared Balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
1. In a large bowl, dress arugula with juice from ½ of the lime, and ¼ tsp salt and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
2. Lay dressed arugula on a large, shallow serving platter.
3. Top with berries, mozzarella, and scatter the fresh mint over top.
4. Finish with ¼ tsp salt, juice from the other half of the lime, and balsamic glaze if using.
This post originally appeared on The Local Moms Network